Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fotoshop by Adobé- Jesse Rosten Spoof Video Skewering The Beauty Industry

This is a brilliant video commentary/parody skewering the beauty industry by Northern California filmmaker/commercial director Jesse Rosten.  According to Rosten he was inspired to make the video after some channel surfing one late night:

I was watching TV one sleepless night and stumbled upon an infomercial for some beauty product. The commercial showed before and after portraits, that to my eye, looked like the same photo just photoshopped. I laughed to myself. Then I made this video.

At least the industry watchdogs are doing something about ad campaigns with excessive photoshopping. A Covergirl Natureluxe Mousse Mascara ad was recently banned in the U.S. as was a Julia Roberts Lancome ad in the U.K. last year.

It is amazing what Photoshop can do, but .....

Truth in advertising, folks!

 Fotoshop by Adobé



Fotoshop by Adobé from Jesse Rosten on Vimeo.

No comments: