Friday, July 27, 2012

ESPN'S 2012 Bodies We Want: Naked Olympians and other famous athletes

In honor of the opening of the London Olympic Games tonight, photographer Chase Jarvis posted some photos and a link to the ESPN tasteful 2012 nude photo shoot "Bodies We Want" of Olympians and other famous athletes.  Beautifully photographed by various photographers, they highlight the human form in all its rippled and buff glory, sans the gratuity.

Not sure why I am drawn to the black and white rather than the color, but these are my two favorites:

Megan Hodge, 23, is an outside hitter in the USA Olympic volleyball team. Photographer: Art Streiber.




 
Tyson Chandler, 29, is the Center for the New York Knicks.  Photographer: Peter Hapak



I'm not much of a sports fan, in fact, I don't watch it at all. But every four years I take the time to enjoy the world's best compete. For the most part I root for Team USA, but this year I will be rooting for South African double amputee, Oscar Pistorius, because he deserves it.

Check out the rest of the photos on ESPN.

No comments: