Thursday, June 7, 2012

Facebook's I-Phone Camera App



I'm not really an app kind of gal, and I refuse to pay for any.  When Blackberry had all those outage problems they offered some free premium apps as good will to placate those who were pissed off with the service.  So I downloaded some, and have never used them. And, frankly, if I'm going to edit photos, I'm going to do it on my computer using Photoshop.

Besides, most cool apps are for I-Phone, and my next phone will be an Android, so when I found out Facebook was creating a camera app for I-Phone, I thought- yawn.

Yes, you heard right, Facebook is expanding into other arenas- even though it tanked with its stock public offering-  and there's now an I-phone app for Facebook.

If you just have to have it, you can go to the Apple's App store to download it.

According to Huffpo, it

"...works like most other camera applications for smart phones. To take a photo, you tap a camera icon in the upper left corner of your screen, aim and shoot. You can then add filters, crop or tilt your photo, and share it on Facebook."

I'm not sure if there is a way to watermark the photos, but if I decide to put my art photos on Facebook, they get watermarked.

Apparently, the app is very similar to Instagram, which seems rather silly considering Facebook is willing to fork over $1 billion for Instagram, although the buyout has not been finalized yet and I have wonder if the deal will even go through. Considering their epic public offering fail.

As for Blackberry? No-one thinks of creating much for Blackberry. Android, on the other hand, might get a shot at an app. Facebook is:
"carefully looking at what might make for a good Facebook photos experience across Android devices."

I still wouldn't bother with it, when I get my Android.

Source: Huffpo

No comments: