Saturday, January 7, 2012

Turn Your Facebook Timeline Cover Photo Into A Collage

I'm going to be honest, I loathe the new Facebook Timeline and I refuse to switch over. Facebook will have to do it for me when that time comes. It's not because I don't like change, some change is good, but this new Facebook change sucks.  Frankly, looking at it gives me a massive headache.  I know many of my friends and colleagues love the new layout, but I can't quite figure out what's to love. Aside from the whole privacy issue, the page is a major mess- cluttered and lacking a point of focus. As an artist that really bothers me. There are 2 columns and I still haven't a clue where I'm supposed to look. That's not  good.

But, since it's free and it's Mark Zuckerberg's sandbox, he can do whatever he wants with it.

But for those of you who will miss the five photos at the top of your old page, you can actually create a collage of any album of your choice, not courtesy of Zuckerberg, of course. In my opinion it would just make the page busier than it already is, but Photojojo (which has all sorts of fun gadgets for camera buffs), has some wonderful DIY projects including one with a link to a free editing tool at http://www.picscatter.com/  where you can turn your Timeline main photo into a collage, so you're not just stuck with one.  You need the latest flash 10.3 and active javascript, but it looks pretty interesting with some nifty filters and the ability to choose an album, friends.  Needless to say, I have not yet used it so I'm not sure how well it works. For fun, Photojojo also links to some very creative Facebook photo hacks.


Have fun and go create.

No comments: